Search Google for what your business is about (e.g. builder, dog groomer, clown, etc.) and your location and watch how many of your competitors pop up. Ones you know about, ones you don’t know about—all these websites, not many different from one another. Now, imagine you’re a consumer who performs this same search. What sets your website apart on the list of sameness?
In other words, what could possibly make your website more appealing and attractive to someone looking at that same page you’re looking at? Higher rankings? Better pictures? A better description? A map? Business hours? All of the above?
Five Website Tools You Need to Use to Create a Killer Site
The answer is a little bit of everything. There really is no one true answer for what makes consumers behave the way they do, but marketing researchers spend millions each year to make educated guesses. What we found out through these types of studies is that there are some general things that you can do to your site to make it stand out to both your viewers and search engines, to increase your traffic, leads and of course, your conversions.
Here are five tools that you need to use right now to build the best website in your niche before your competition does and takes all of your business:
- A Keyword Tool. The best way to make sure that your website is at the top of the search engine result page (SERP) for your customers—and potential customers—is to optimize your site with keywords that they are searching for. How do you know what they are searching for? With a keyword tool of course. This allows you to perform keyword research so you know which words to focus on when writing content. It’s not enough to just use the keywords randomly anymore—the content has to specifically pertain to them so keyword tools essentially dictate almost all of the content for your site.
- A Photo Editor. Photo editing tools are great for building a website because media images play big into the minds of viewers. Sure, great content is going to drive up the rankings, but once your viewer gets to the page, you want them to be intrigued and engaged. Pictures and video tell a better story most of the time and the rest of the time, they enhance the copy on the page with descriptive images. A photo editing tool will make sure that your photos are scalable, load on all types of devices and have alt text which is vital for making your photos searchable via search engines’ image based searches.
- Google Analytics. If there was ever a better way to really tell what is going on with your customers other than climbing into their heads, we don’t know about it. Google Analytics allows you to track your website, monitoring your visitors, learning about where they come from, what their demographics are and most importantly, how they are reacting to your site. By monitoring your site with the Google Analytics toolbox, you’ll be able to better optimize your site to produce more traffic and sales while reducing friction.
- Rich Snippet Tool. Have you ever gone on a Google SERP and seen a website listing with categories all explained nicely? Each with clickable links that goes to different pages on the site? How about a Google Map with reviews underneath it from customers? Business hours, phone numbers, websites—everything you need to know. Plus, it takes up the entire top section of the SERP (above the fold) so no other competitors show! This is all accomplished with Google’s Rich Snippet Tool.
- A Blog Platform. Finally, a must have for all websites is a blogging tool. Blogs allow you to create new content that is engaging for your viewers. This generates more traffic, more shares and more interaction—three things that spell the recipe for sales and conversion rate success. Blogs let you establish yourself as an expert in your field so that people come to you first, before all of your competitors.
Learning How to Use Website Tools
These are the tools that you will need to build the best website you can. Of course, knowing how to use these tools properly is a big help as well.
Image courtesy of Salvatore Vuono/FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Noa All, the author of this article writes on behalf of LiveCity.com, a globally available website building system. If you’re on the lookout for a cost-effective solution to create a killer responsive website for your business, don’t forget to check Livecity.com today.